Fast Company Running Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Alias 2.0' Nothing But Rumor, Former 'Alias' Lead Says

Go down

'Alias 2.0' Nothing But Rumor, Former 'Alias' Lead Says Empty 'Alias 2.0' Nothing But Rumor, Former 'Alias' Lead Says

Post  ellachan91 Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:07 am

There has been talk, followed by rampant Alias Seasons 1-5 DVD boxset, that ABC is on the verge of progressing a reboot to its spy drama "Alias." However, one of the show's former stars -- Michael Vartan -- says it's all Arrested Development Seasons 1-3 DVD boxset more than Hollywood chatter.

The show, which starred Vartan and As Time Goes By Seasons 1-9 DVD boxset, ran for five seasons on the alphabet network and was considered one of its most promising series.

Then it all changed. J.J. Abrams moved on to other Battlestar Galactica Seasons 1-4 DVD boxset (like the castaway series, "Lost") and a host of creative changes ensued. The ratings declined, the fans were aggravated and the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Seasons 1-7 DVD boxset was forced to retool itself to fix the damage. In part, it succeeded with a slick new set and some interesting new characters.

But the damage was already done, and the Alias DVD was eventually cancelled in 2006 after 105 episodes, much to the Arrested Development DVD of the show's very loyal fanbase. Thankfully, the series was given what many other shows never get: a satisfying conclusion.

Despite being totally resolved and tied up, there have been As Time Goes By DVD circulating that ABC is interested in completely rebooting and retooling "Alias." And, if true, the series will be resurrected without the mystery of Battlestar Galactica DVD and his ancient works of science.

What are the real chances that the Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD will make a return? According to the show's former leading man (who was briefly killed off for a half season), the reports are nothing but Alias DVD set.

"I've heard rumors here and there," Vartan said. "I really do not know Arrested Development DVD set. It's such a 'rumor,' that I haven't even bothered calling anyone that was even loosely associated with the show in the As Time Goes By DVD set to find out if there's any validity to the story."

Vartan, who currently stars in "HawthoRNe" on Battlestar Galactica DVD set, also explained that he doesn’t believe enough time has passed for the series to be resurrected and rebooted.

"I think it's a total rumor, but if they do Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD set it, and they don't bring back the original cast, that would be weird," he said. "I was talking about this with someone the other day -- it's one thing to do 'Alias DVD boxset' all over again with a brand new cast, because obviously enough time's passed.”

For those missing the "Alias" action though, Arrested Development DVD boxset might have the answer for you in the form of "Undercovers," a new spy series from none other than J.J. Abrams.

A "reliable insider" at ABC said preliminary talks were circulating about As Time Goes By DVD boxset a reboot of J.J. Abrams hit spy series "Alias," according to an E! Online report.

At this point, there's no word whether original Battlestar Galactica DVD boxset Jennifer Garner, Michael Vartan and Victor Garber would be involved in any remake, or even whether Abrams would return (he's currently working on the new Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD boxset drama "Undercovers" for NBC).

Vartan, present star of TNT's medical drama "Alias Seasons 1-5 DVD boxset", weighs in on the "Alias" reboot buzz.

"I've heard rumors here and there," Vartan tells Zap2it. "I really do not know Arrested Development Seasons 1-3 DVD boxset. It's such a rumor, quote, unquote, that I haven't even bothered calling anyone that was even loosely associated with the As Time Goes By Seasons 1-9 DVD boxset in the past to find out if there's any validity to the story.

"I think it's a total rumor, but if they do Battlestar Galactica Seasons 1-4 DVD boxset it, and they don't bring back the original cast, that would be weird. I was talking about this with someone the other day -- it's one Buffy the Vampire Slayer Seasons 1-7 DVD boxset to do 'Charlie's Angels' all over again with a brand-new cast, because obviously enough time's passed.

"But I feel like Victor and Jennifer and myself and Alias DVD [Cooper], we're still young enough to do all those things. It's not like we're fossils, where they need to get an Arrested Development DVD new cast of twentysomethings.

"So, I think if they did revisit 'As Time Goes By DVD' with a new cast, to be honest with you, it's not because I think we were so Battlestar Galactica DVD, but I don't think it would be well-received. It would be so weird."

After all, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD" was not just about spy hijinks, it was also very much about the journey of Sydney Bristow and those she knew and loved.

"Exactly," says Vartan. "The characters Alias DVD set were just as much a part of the story as the story itself. It just would be weird. I have heard Arrested Development DVD set of a possible 'Alias' movie, but again, all rumors, who knows how these things get started?"

There's also the question of the stars being employed, such as Vartan's job in "As Time Goes By DVD set," or Garner's and Cooper's movie careers. This year alone, Garner and Cooper appeared in "Valentine's Day," and Cooper can Battlestar Galactica DVD set be seen in the big-screen reboot of "The A-Team."

No matter what, it would be very hard to imagine "Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD set" without Garner.

"Jennifer's got her children and movie Alias DVD boxset," Vartan says, "so she's busy. I'm not sure she'd want to do it."

Asked if he would want to guest-star if "Alias" Arrested Development DVD boxset with an all-new cast or just tell them to 'go with God' and do something else with his life, Vartan says, "I would say, 'Go with God' and do As Time Goes By DVD boxset else. There's only one Jack Bristow and Sydney Bristow."

Viewers can catch Vartan on TNT's "HawthoRNe" when the Battlestar Galactica DVD boxset season kicks off on June 22 and stay tuned for more of Zap2it's interview with the star.
Alias DVD set
Alias DVD boxset
2.Arrested Development
Arrested Development Seasons 1-3 DVD boxset
Arrested Development DVD
Arrested Development DVD set
Arrested Development DVD boxset
3.As Time Goes By
As Time Goes By Seasons 1-9 DVD boxset
As Time Goes By DVD
As Time Goes By DVD set
As Time Goes By DVD boxset