Fast Company Running Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vampires, you give love a bad name

Go down

Vampires, you give love a bad name Empty Vampires, you give love a bad name

Post  ellachan91 Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:55 am

There's no question that women love vampires. The popularity of the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD" saga books and movies (and Robert Pattinson's hair) is proof enough of that. For whatever reason, the dark, brooding and Alias DVD set ways of the modern vampire draw us chicks in like moths to an undead flame.

Yes, we are (WARNING! Gratuitous vampire pun ahead!) Arrested Development DVD set for these suckers.

And even though I am now 29, I am no different. I was first As Time Goes By DVD set (Ha!) by the vampire bug when I discovered "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," and it continues to this day through the "Battlestar Galactica DVD set" saga and HBO's "True Blood."

That said, however, I am also old enough to know a Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD set when I see one. While I love me some fictional human-vampire, star-crossed-lovers story lines, I also can't help but notice that if you take out the Alias DVD boxset, these stories are really just about a girl putting up with a lousy boyfriend.

For example, if you look at the relationship between Arrested Development DVD boxset as just between a man and a woman, it suddenly goes from romantic to disturbing.

Think about it.

Edward, right from the get-go, makes Bella doubt As Time Goes By DVD boxset. His initial reaction to her is one of seeming disgust, putting her self-esteem through the ringer. Once they finally do get together, Battlestar Galactica DVD boxset is consumed with finding a way to make the relationship last, while Edward is firm in his resolve to not commit too heavily to the Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD boxset. She wants forever, he's happy with just right now. Oh sure, he says it's "for her own good," and he "knows what's best for her," but really, as a man, Edward is just trying to weasel out of a permanent union.

Any of this sounding familiar, ladies?

Then, when the going gets tough, he uses the ol' "Alias Seasons 1-5 DVD boxset, it's me" breakup argument and skips town, leaving her in a crippling state of depression. Then, just when she was finally getting over him and had found a great Arrested Development Seasons 1-3 DVD boxset who loved her, Edward comes back to town only to ruin that budding, healthy relationship. With his control freak As Time Goes By Seasons 1-9 DVD boxset, he then tries to "protect" her and forcibly keep her away from the new guy.

The dude is also majorly suicidal, making their Battlestar Galactica Seasons 1-4 DVD boxset even more co-dependent.

See what I mean? Without the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Seasons 1-7 DVD boxset, this could really just be an extended episode of Jerry Springer.

But it's not just Edward and Bella.

Angel from "Alias DVD" had a sordid past, which constantly haunted him, making him moody all the time. He just wanted to sit in the dark all day and brood. Arrested Development DVD, sure, but for a man, that behavior is a borderline mental illness. He was uncommunicative and also As Time Goes By DVD town when the going got tough.

Not to mention, right after Buffy lost her virginity to Angel, his Battlestar Galactica DVD changed and he was no longer in love with her.

Lame.

Vampire Bill, from "True Blood," might be the ultimate Southern Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD, but he also has a wicked bad temper. He also disappears for long periods of without telling Sookie where he is going and people from his Alias DVD set past keep popping back up, putting his lady love in constant danger.

He also just happens to Arrested Development DVD set. And let's not even get into his psycho ex-girlfriend who wants to kill her.

Weak.

So, just what is it about a set of fangs, and in some cases As Time Goes By DVD set, that makes unacceptable behavior in the real world completely acceptable in a fantasy world?

Well, we all need a bit of Battlestar Galactica DVD set these days. When it's confined to the pages of a book or a TV screen, it's easy to suspend belief and immerse yourself in a world where a handsome man who Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD set to kill you, but doesn't, is romantic.

Just remember, fellas, in the real world, we hold you to a much Alias DVD boxset.
Alias DVD set
Alias DVD boxset
2.Arrested Development
Arrested Development Seasons 1-3 DVD boxset
Arrested Development DVD
Arrested Development DVD set
Arrested Development DVD boxset
3.As Time Goes By
As Time Goes By Seasons 1-9 DVD boxset
As Time Goes By DVD
As Time Goes By DVD set
As Time Goes By DVD boxset