Fast Company Running Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Convert Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20(Lumix DMC-TZ30) 1080/60p AVCHD to iMovie

Go down

Convert Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20(Lumix DMC-TZ30) 1080/60p AVCHD to iMovie  Empty Convert Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20(Lumix DMC-TZ30) 1080/60p AVCHD to iMovie

Post  lydia870622 Thu May 10, 2012 2:31 am

The 14MP Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20, sold as the DMC-TZ30 outside North America, is the slimmest 20x zoom camera on the market. The ZS20's newer 14MP sensor allows the ZS20 to shoot 1080p60 movies in AVCHD or, in an interesting step for one of the creators of the AVCHD format, it can also capture 1080p30 in MP4 format.

Key futures:
1920 x 1080 60p (NTSC) Full HD Video in AVCHD Progressive Format
60 (NTSC) Progressive Recording
MP4 Format Recording
20x Optical Zoom in Video Recording
High-speed Video
The POWER O.I.S. with Active Mode

Testing of the ZS20/TZ30
I edited Lumix DMC-ZS20 1080/60p clips in iMovie on my iMac. The movie is just a short one (about 1 minute) and can be downloaded in the original 1920x1080, 60 fps, mp4 version from that link (80MB). The versions as displayed on Vimeo (both HD and SD) are only at 30 fps, not 60 fps. And some users would have the confusion that iMovie cannot handle 1080/60p AVCHD files well. How do I make the test in it? Here is the preparation I made.

First of all, get the top Mac AVCHD Converter and launch it.
1. Copy your AVCHD folder from the SD card onto your hard disk, then drag the .mts files from the "Stream" folder to the best Mac AVCHD Converter.
2. With the 3rd party AVCHD conversion software, you can select the particular output format Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov) for iMovie from its iMovie and Final Cut Express profile.
3. Click the “Settings” icon to set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 keeping the best quality for importing DMC-ZS20 .mts in iMovie on Mac for further editing.
4. Click the “Convert” button; it will convert Lumix DMC-ZS20 1080/60p MTS to AIC .mov for iMovie on Mac immediately.

And after the short conversion, you can get the output MOV files for iMovie. These MOV files can be directly imported into iMovie for editing, BUT first it is very important to change the iMovie '09 internal preferences so as to preserve the 60fps progressive. Then, the test will go on wheels.

Related guide:
DMC-ZS20 MTS to FCP X- Convert Lumix DMC-ZS20 1080 60p/60i AVCHD to FCP X on Mac

Dear friends:
For some reason , we can not show you the links at this article as the rules in this forum, Please google search brorsoft website for more information that you required ,your satisfaction is my great honor ,also ,I am very appreciate for you to take time out of you busy schedule to browse my article ,wish you happy everyday !
Resource from: Brorsoft

lydia870622

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum