Fast Company Running Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Import Sony NEX-F3 1080/60i AVCHD to iMovie for editing on Mac OS X

Go down

Import Sony NEX-F3 1080/60i AVCHD to iMovie for editing on Mac OS X  Empty Import Sony NEX-F3 1080/60i AVCHD to iMovie for editing on Mac OS X

Post  lydia870622 Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:08 am

Source From: Brorsoft

I'm using this camera at 3 month. It's really amazing taking pictures at night both inside and outside. With stabilizing the camera, shooting at night landscape I can get very clear images. It's very easy to setup the camera even the shortcuts at the manual mode. The recording in HD resolution has a good quality, even seen on Full HD LED TV. But the recorded file is AVCHD format. That means the 1080/60i MTS/M2TS recordings are can't be edited directly in iMovie on Mac OS X like NEX-5N and NEX-7. That means we have to convert Sony NEX-F3 AVCHD MTS/M2TS recordings to iMovie editable video format on Mac OS X.

I was glad to find Brorsoft AVCHD MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac. Which gives me the fast Sony NEX-F3 AVCHD to AIC for iMovie conversion and best video/audio setting. Now I will ahare my best and easiest solution about convert Sony NEX-F3 AVCHD MTS/M2TS to iMovie perfectly supported video format- the Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC) MOV format.

Step 1: Launch the best AVCHD to iMovie Converter and load the 1080i 60 MTS files to it.
Tip: If you wanna join MTS/M2TS files for iMovie, tick the "Merge into one" box. This Mac AVCHD converter also works as the MTS/M2TS joiner.

Step 2: Click on “Format” and you will get a dropdown menu; move your pointer to iMovie and Final Cut Express > Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov) which is the AVCHD transcoding format you need for iMovie. Then you can set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.

Step 3: Click the “Settings” icon to make the best settings for editing Sony MTS/M2TS in iMovie on Mac. You can set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 to keep the best output quality.
NOTE: Before start the conversion, you’d better to deinterlace 1080i AVCHD files for iMovie editing in the Video Editor interface.

Step 4: Start to convert Sony NEX-F3 AVCHD to AIC for iMovie on Mac via clicking the “Convert” button.

After the Sony NEX-F3 AVCHD to iMovie conversion, you will be able to get the output files compatible with iMovie via clicking on “Open” button effortlessly. Now, don’t hesitate to import the and edit Sony NEX-F3 mts/m2ts files in iMovie no longer with any importing or editing trouble on Mac.

Related guide:

How to Ingest Sony Alpha NEX-F3 1080p MTS to Final Cut Pro 7 on Mac

Convert Sony NEX-VG20 1080/60p AVCHD to Apple ProRes for FCP X editing

Convert/Transcode Sony NEX-7 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to Apple ProRes for FCP X

Convert/Transcode Sony NEX-5N AVCHD 1080p MTS files to AIC for FCE 4

lydia870622

Back to top Go down