Fast Company Running Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Convert Sony A55 to iMovie-Edit Sony A55 MTS clips in iMovie on Mac OS X

Go down

Convert Sony A55 to iMovie-Edit Sony A55 MTS clips in iMovie on Mac OS X  Empty Convert Sony A55 to iMovie-Edit Sony A55 MTS clips in iMovie on Mac OS X

Post  lydia870622 Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:14 am

Source From: Brorsoft

Are you the Sony a (alpha) SLT-A55(V) DSLR Camera users? If so, you may know the Sony A55 recorded video file is MTS/M2TS format in AVCHD Codec. As we all know, the AVCHD .mts/m2ts is not a good video editing format for iMovie, FCP, FCE, ect.

I couldn't get footages from Sony A55 into iMovie on Mac and was wondering what people are using in order to get the movies from the Alpha 55 into iMovie on the Mac - I understand that .mts files are not natively support on Lion?

From the above question, we can know the Sony A55 user fail to transfer and edit Sony A55 AVCHD MTS in iMovie on Mac OS X Lion. Then how to import Sony A55 MTS footages to iMovie for editing on Mac? The best way is to make Sony A55 AVCHD editable copying and editing in iMovie on Mac OS X.

To make Sony A55 AVCHD editable for iMovie, you need to convert Sony A55 MTS to best compatible format AIC MOV for iMovie. You can google to download a top Mac MTS to AIC MOV Converter to help you transcode Sony MTS to AIC for editing in iMovie. Here I take Brorsoft MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac, the best MTS to iMovie Converter for Mac (as far as I know) as an example. With which, you can fastly and easily convert any Sony AVCHD recordings to AIC MOV for iMovie with best video and audio quality on Mac OS X. Besides, you also can deinterlace 1080i MTS footages and merge/join/combine MTS clips into one for iMovie.

Step 1: Download and install the best MTS Converter for Mac. Load your Sony A55 files into it.

Tips:
1. If you want to join several videos into one, please tick the box "Merge into one" on the mian interface.
2. Double click the selected file and you cam preview it.

Step 2: Choose Apple InterMediate Codec (*.mov) as output format by clicking the format bar for transcoding Sony MTS to AIC on Mac.

Step 3: Adjust video and audio parameters on the Profile Setting as you need to copy Sony A55 1080i files to iMovie with best quality.

Tips:
1. 1920*1080 as video size and 30fps/29.97fps as video bitrate are the most suitable video parameters for editing in iMovie.
2. If you want to reduce the video size, you can change video size from 1920*1080 to 1440*1080 or 1280*720.
3. Deinterlacing has been chosen as default, so you needn't worry about how to deinterlace 1080i videos.

Step 4: Click convert button to start converting AVCHD to iMovie with AIC MOV format.

Step 5: When the AVCHD to iMovie conversion is 100% completed, open iMovie and click File > Import to transfer Sony A55 footages to iMovie.

The best MTS to MOV Converter for Mac is not only helpful to get footages from Sony A55 into iMovie on Mac, but also does a great job in converting AVCHD to ProRes 422 for Final Cut Pro, MPEG-2 for Adobe Premiere, DNxHD for Avid Media Composer, AIC for FCE, etc.

Related guide:

Sony A57 AVCHD to iMovie

Sony NEX-FS700 AVCHD to ProRes for FCP

Import Sony A57 AVCHD to Final Cut Express

Import Sony NEX-5N AVCHD footages to FCP

Edit Sony A77 60p AVCHD recordings in FCP 7

lydia870622

Back to top Go down