Fast Company Running Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Law and Order DVD

Go down

Law and Order DVD Empty Law and Order DVD

Post  teddy33 Thu May 06, 2010 12:31 am

Thanks to my wife, I have become a Law and Order addict. This DVD set contains the 22 episodes of the first season of Law and Order that has become an institution. A rather simple formula for each hour episode: the first half of the story shows the police action
Law and Order], and the second segment of Law and Order covers the court trial [Order, in the court!]. The first season's cast is wonderful, but the fact that the show is still alive and strong, with a totally different cast, proves the power of the formula.There is much to be said for watching Law and Order without commercials; you can better appreciate the tight story lines and the wonderful writing, without a bunch of annoying
commercials popping up every few minutes.Everything works wonderfully on Law and Order-- the great music by Mike Post, the opening narration, the formula of seeing the crime before the opening credits. The joys and challenges of life as a NY cop and life in the DA's office are artfully portrayed (and interestingly, we learn almost nothing about the personal lives of the characters). Note that there is very little on-screen violence here, even though violence is a key driver in many episodes. You will notice the absence of violence when you observe, in one episode of Law and Order, a storekeeper being beaten up--it is quite a shock, and makes you realize that the violence is usually just suggested (or it happens before the viewer is brought into the scene).Law and Order has given birth to several spin-offs, and it continues to dominate in its thirteenth season. I strongly recommend Law and Order,
True Blood DVD 1-2
30 Rock DVD 1-3
The Office DVD 1-5
Nip Tuck DVD 1-5
Walt Disney DVD 153 Discs
MI5 DVD 1-8
Alias DVD 1-5
Monk DVD 1-7
Bones DVD 1-4
South Park DVD 1-12

teddy33

Back to top Go down