Fast Company Running Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Packers celebrate Super Bowl win with 50,000 fans at Lambeau Field

Go down

Packers celebrate Super Bowl win with 50,000 fans at Lambeau Field Empty Packers celebrate Super Bowl win with 50,000 fans at Lambeau Field

Post  wxt2013 Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:36 am

Packers celebrate Super Bowl win with 50,000 fans at Lambeau Field
Freezing temperatures, sub-zero wind chills and a snow-covered field couldn't stopGilmore Girls dvd the Green Bay Packers and their fans from celebrating their first Super Bowl titlestar trek voyager dvd in 14 years.

The Packers sold all The Big Bang Theory50,000 tickets for theirHow I Met Your Motherhour-long "Return to Titletown" celebration that started at 5 p.m. ET Tuesday at Lambeau Field. Tickets cost $5 each How I Met Your Mother dvdbut some appeared on ticket exchange site StubHub for as much as $140.

Among the dignitaries celebrating Green Bay's fourth Super Bowl and 13th NFL championship overall were city mayor Jim Schmitt, Wisconsin governor Scott Walker and four-term senator Herb Kohl. The Big Bang Theory dvdSchmitt officially renamed a surrounding street of Lambeau Field McCarthy Way in honor of head coach Mike McCarthy. Walker,
dvd store meanwhile, declared it Green Bay Packers Day and designated February as cheap dvdGreen Bay Packers Month across the state.

Team president and true blood on dvdCEO Mark Murphy opened the celebration with remarks thanking the fans and praising the coaching staff and players. Murphy singled out GM Ted Thompson in particular.

"The injuries we had. ... Lesser organizations and lesser teams would have really struggled. That's a tribute to Ted."

Earlier on Tuesday, Murphy told the Chicago Sun-Times that he expects to work on contract extensions for both McCarthy and Thompson. Both are under contract for two more years and have played pivotal roles in the re-emergence of the Packers to the NFL's elite.

"We're proud to bring the Lombardi Trophy where it belongs: back in Green Bay," true blood dvd
Murphy told fans.

"There's a lot of history and tradition here. We gotta start winning some more to catch up with Lombardi!"

McCarthy carried out the trophy as he was introduced and, while on the stage, promised the Packers faithful that his team wasn't happy with just one title.

"We're going to do it again next year!"

Super Bowl XLV MVP Aaron Rodgers received the loudest cheers of his teammates and echoed McCarthy's hopes for more silverware.

"We've got an incredible group of guys. The core is coming back," Rodgers told the fans.

"I'll tell you what Green Bay, we're going to be right here next year doing this same exact thing!"

Rodgers also took time to reflect on his rise with the Packers since replacing future Hall of Fame QB Brett Favre in 2008.

"Until two days ago, the greatest day of my sporting career was April 23, 2005, when this organization picked me in the draft," said Rodgers.

"It's been a great journey the last six years with you guys."

See photos of: Green Bay Packers, Aaron Rodgers, Mike McCarthy, Lambeau Field, Super Bowl XLV

wxt2013

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum