Fast Company Running Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama banks on bipartisan talks to solve budget crisis

Go down

Obama banks on bipartisan talks to solve budget crisis Empty Obama banks on bipartisan talks to solve budget crisis

Post  wxt2013 Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:25 am

Obama banks on bipartisan talks to solve budget crisis

Grappling with a budget $1.6 trillion Family Guy dvdout of balance, and the specter of Medicare headed towardLie To Me dvd insolvency in Dexter dvd2029 followed by Social Security in 2037, the president said an "Obama plan" Army Wives dvdwouldn't help as much mad man dvdas aCheap DVD "negotiation ncis dvdprocess."
"My goal here is to TV Series On DVDactually solve the problem. It's not to get a good headline how I met your mother dvdon the first day," he said. "This is not a matter Teletubbies 4of 'you go first' or 'I go first.' This is a Criminal Minds dvdmatter of Chuck dvdeverybody having a serious conversation about where we want to go, and then ultimately getting in thatTwo and a Half Men dvd boat at the same time so it doesn't tip over."
Negotiations have worked best over the past 30 years on the toughest fiscal policy issues — the budget, taxes, health care and Social Security:
•Reagan tried and failed to overhaul Social Security in 1981. Only when he joined with Democratic House Speaker Thomas "Tip" O'Neill in 1983 was potential insolvency averted.
•George H.W.Bones dvd Bush worked withHouse MD dvd congressional Democrats in 1990 on a deficit-reduction agreement that included both spending cuts and tax increases. Bush acted boldly to accept tax hikes he had vowed to oppose — but paid a political price at the polls in 1992.
•Clinton tried to force through Congress his own prescription for the nation's health care cost and coverage problems in 1994, and it ended in a debacle, even with his fellow Scrubs dvdDemocrats in control. His 1993 deficit-reduction Doctor Who dvdplan, heavy on taxes, was more successful because he worked with Congress — but it cost some House Democrats their seats. The issues helped Republicans take over Congress in 1995.
•George W. Bush sought to overhaul Social Security in 2005, partially by allowing workers to create private investment accounts. Democrats trashed the plan, and it died in Congress.
Two of Obama's major The Big Bang Theory dvdefforts in his first two years in office — the $814 billion economic stimulus law of 2009 and the health care law approved last March — The Tudors season 4were opposed by nearly all Republicans.

wxt2013

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum