Fast Company Running Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grey’s Anatomy Review: Best. Episode. Ever.

Go down

Grey’s Anatomy Review: Best. Episode. Ever. Empty Grey’s Anatomy Review: Best. Episode. Ever.

Post  anny3 Sat May 29, 2010 6:23 am

The Grey's Anatomy DVD was ablaze last Thursday night as millions held their collective breath witnessing quite possibly the best episode of Gilmore Girls DVD television I’ve ever seen. It was that good. In fact, it was easily the best episode of the entire series, and that’s high praise considering how Entourage DVD’s Anatomy is.
The writers have been subtly planting the seeds that would lead up to the Desperate Housewives DVD, one that featured the returning character of Gary Clark, a mentally unstable spouse of a patient who died at Seattle Grace earlier in the Desperate Housewives DVD boxset. Clark lost his wife and blames the hospital and Derek in particular for murdering her. Nevermind the fact that they were bound by a ‘Entourage DVD boxset’ order signed by the woman. There isn’t a hospital in America that would ignore such a directive, but this fact is lost on Mr. Clark. When a hearing on the matter proves unsuccessful, Gilmore Girls DVD boxset anger only deepens. The writers have also been hinting at whether or not Derek has what it takes to be Chief. His mettle is tested in the chilling season finale, as Clark resurfaces at Seattle Grace on a mission to avenge his wife’s death.

The ominous parental discretion warning is the first indication that the Grey's Anatomy DVD boxset is going to be serious. The terror starts when Clark enters the hospital and begins looking for Derek specifically. After being rebuffed by a nurse, he finds Reed in a supply closet. He asks her where to find Shepherd. When she responds rudely to him he pulls a pistol out and puts a bullet in Grey's Anatomy DVD set. And so it begins, two hours of nail-biting tension. Two seconds after he shoots Reed, Alex comes around the corner and becomes victim #2. A feeling of dread and despair permeated the entire Gilmore Girls DVD set, and my emotions were tested several times as revered characters faced unbelievable terror and sadness. It was painfully realistic to watch people plead for their lives while Clark methodically murdered his way to Derek Shepherd. He stalked the halls, coldly dispensing with anyone whom he believed was responsible for Entourage DVD set, even if only tangentially involved. The brilliant aspect of this episode was that Clark managed to directly interact with each main character in a way that held the episode together. I’ll recount the most meaningful, heart-stopping moments.

Derek learns fairly quickly about the shooter and puts the hospital in lockdown mode. Bailey is with a patient named Mary (Desperate Housewives DVD set) when that happens, and she and Percy must remain where they are. She steals a glance out the window and sees Clark approaching with the gun. She tells Mary to play dead and orders Percy to Desperate Housewives seasons 1-5 DVD boxset. Bailey is under the bed when Clark enters, and for a second it looks like they might pull it off. Mary does a great job playing possum and Bailey is Entourage seasons 1-6 DVD boxset. And then Percy makes a noise and Clark finds him. “Are you a surgeon?” he asks. Percy says yes and then we hear him pleading before a gunshot sounds. We don’t see their interaction, we only see Bailey waiting with her hand over her mouth. Percy falls to the floor, looking into Gilmore Girls seasons 1-7 DVD boxset eyes and gasping for breath. Bailey stifles a scream while Mary remains silent. My heart drops when Clark drags Bailey from underneath the bed just like that scene in the Grey's Anatomy seasons 1-5 DVD boxset Taken. He asks Bailey if she’s a surgeon and she has the good sense to give a different answer than Dr. Percy. She tells him he’s a nurse and he leaves the room. Now Bailey must calm Mary and try to save Percy’s life with only gauze and tape.

While Bailey tends to Percy, Lexie and Mark discover Grey's Anatomy DVD in the elevator. He managed to crawl on the elevator but didn’t have the strength to press a button. While they attempt surgery on a very much Gilmore Girls DVDx, on another floor Owen, Teddy, and Avery perform surgery on a critical patient. They are insulated from the chaos and are oblivious to the danger around them as they continue to work on the patient. Derek pulls Entourage DVD and tells him to apprise the others after the surgery is complete. When he finally tells them, Owen rips him a new one for waiting so long. He and Teddy agree to move the patient while the others remain behind. When they are found by a SWAT team and ushered outside for safety, Owen decides to go back in, symbolically choosing Cristina over Teddy.

Clark’s intentions are to punish everyone who worked on his Desperate Housewives DVD. This means Derek, Richard, and Lexie. Damn, all the girl did was pull the plug like she was told! This guy is a f*cking nutbag for sure. He can’t get Richard because he’s celebrating 6 months of sobriety at a Gilmore Girls DVD. He’s looking for Derek but finds Lexie en route to his office. She was getting supplies for Alex and ends up coming face to face with Clark. But before he can ice Little Grey, Entourage DVD lands a shot to his shoulder. Which brings me to my only complaint with the finale: Clark manages to continue his rampage, even though law enforcement managed to locate and wound him. To borrow a line from one of my Facebook friends, this was the worst Grey's Anatomy DVD team in the history of television. I understand that they needed a way to keep the storyline going and they didn’t want to kill everybody, but let’s be realistic. This guy was like the Terminator, the Golden Years.
Another recurring theme that I noticed in the episode was love, quite simply. Not that “Grey's Anatomy DVD boxset” kinda love, but that “baby imma jump in front of a bullet” for you kinda love. Owen went back in for Cristina. Meredith abandons her safe hiding space to find Derek before Clark does. Owen threatens to kill Clark if he hurts Gilmore Girls DVD boxset, and last but not least: Meredith offers her life for Derek’s as true justice for Clark. She gets the opportunity to do this because eventually Entourage DVD boxset finds Derek and confronts the man he’s been searching for all day. Derek tries to connect with Clark and appeal to whatever humanity he can find in his eyes. Cristina and Meredith watch from a distance, helpless. It looks like Derek might actually be finding a shred of hope somewhere beneath Desperate Housewives DVD boxset’s crazy eyes, but then April makes her umpteenth blunder by bursting through the double doors at that exact moment and jarring Desperate Housewives seasons 1-5 DVD boxset back into focus. He strengthens his resolve and shoots Derek in the chest while Meredith stares in horror.

One of the few fortunate aspects of the finale was that they were in a hospital, which was useful for treating the Entourage seasons 1-6 DVD boxset wounds that Clark was giving everyone. Derek is shot, but he’s surrounded by people and facilities that allow him to be treated immediately. It’s a bit unrealistic that Clark would shoot Derek just once rather than finish him off, but I’ll play along. Anyway, there are no Attendings on the floor to perform the Gilmore Girls seasons 1-7 DVD boxset, so Cristina will have to operate on her best friend’s husband. Later, Owen finds Meredith and tells her to remain outside the OR while Cristina Grey's Anatomy seasons 1-5 DVD boxset. Unbeknownst to her, Clark has made his way into the operating room and is ordering Cristina to stop working on Derek. She tearfully refuses and by this time Owen has come in. Meredith enters also and tries to offer herself in place of Derek. Owen jumps in front of the bullet, which lodges in his shoulder. Grey's Anatomy DVD set basically says that he can kill everyone or just Derek. Avery stops working on Derek and tells Clark that he will bleed out momentarily and flatline. Sure enough, a flatline appears and Clark is convinced that his mission has been accomplished. Gilmore Girls DVD set, bawling hysterically. Her reaction reassures Clark that Derek is dead, and he leaves. After he leaves, we see that Avery disconnected some wires but that Derek was never in danger. They continue working on him.

The last scene I’ll talk about in detail is another involving Bailey, her patient Mary, and Dr. Percy. Left with meager supplies, they must get Entourage DVD set to an operating room or he will die. Percy is a big boy, so they are forced to position him on a blanket and drag the blanket down the hall. After fighting so hard to save him, Bailey realizes it is all for naught. The police have cut power to the elevators, and there is no way to get Percy up to an Desperate Housewives DVD set. He will die right there on the floor, and there isn’t a damn thing Bailey can do about it as the life slowly drains from his body. This has been a day from hell and Bailey can’t take it anymore. After the shock of pleading for Desperate Housewives DVD boxset, the frantic attempt to save Percy, and trying to calm Mary, now she comes to the realization that Percy will die. And she loses it. She screams hysterically, yelling at the futility and inevitable doom of the Entourage DVD boxset
. She has her moment of weakness and then gathers herself, summoning the courage and backbone we know she possess. This time she tells Percy the truth: he is going to die. But she and Mary will be with him every step of the way. At this point I need Gilmore Girls DVD boxset, which should be the official sponsor of Grey’s Anatomy. He asks Bailey to tell Reed that he always had a crush on her and that he died brave. *sniffle*

The episode was too intense and intricate for me to relay every detail, but I can say that Seattle Grace will never be the same. Percy and Reed were killed. Meredith found out she was pregnant, but the day’s heart-stopping stress was too much to bear and she suffered a miscarriage before she could tell Grey's Anatomy DVD boxset. Owen was shot in the shoulder. Alex was shot and nearly died. Derek was shot in the chest. These are the lives that were affected and will be changed forever. This was easily the best episode of the Entourage DVD, and of the entire series, in my opinion. I’ve never been so enthralled by a network television show. I’m used to HBO giving me the realness, but not ABC. Best. Episode. Ever.

Grey's Anatomy seasons 1-5 DVD boxset

Desperate Housewives DVD
Entourage DVD
Gilmore Girls DVD
Grey's Anatomy DVD

Desperate Housewives DVD set
Entourage DVD set
Gilmore Girls DVD set
Grey's Anatomy DVD set

Desperate Housewives DVD boxset
Entourage DVD boxset
Gilmore Girls DVD boxset