Fast Company Running Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Pacific dvd box set

Go down

The Pacific dvd box set Empty The Pacific dvd box set

Post  homework Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:13 am

Numb3rs seasons 1-6, Jeeves And Wooster 1-4, and I was a wee bit nervous. Simon Cowell knew my dream was to make a record, Battlestar Galactica on dvd, and he said if I still wanted to do it, Leverage boxset, then he would offer me a deal. You don't get that every lifetime, do you? After 23 years of waiting and wanting to make a record, it takes your breath away really. There aren't really words to describe it except... wow. It didn't feel real. I kept asking myself, Battlestar Galactica dvd 1-4, "Is this really happening?" I kept expecting someone to say, Spooks dvd, "Ha ha, love, Misfits dvd box set, Married With Children dvd box set, we're kidding." Describe the feeling the first day you walked into the studio? When you go into the studio, you see all these plaques on the walls of different artists, The Big Bang Theory collection, and I said to myself, "You're going to make an album and eventually if you're good enough you'll be there." I felt quite shy, Jeeves And Wooster complete series, but I was determined to do my best. The album was so important to me, Bones complete box set, and it was very important to have songs that personally appealed to me. I sat and listened to music and heard songs and thought about things that would suit my voice and songs that meant something to me when I heard them.You mentioned listening to The Rolling Stones as a kid, and you chose "Wild Horses." I just hope that I can do it justice. The words are great. They take me back to where I lived. It's a very powerful song.Piers Morgan to host TV Guide Network's exclusive Susan Boyle concert specialWhat was the first song you recorded for the album? It was "I Dreamed A Dream" first and then "Cry Me A River." I remembered it being the theme tune from the TV show McCallum. I'd been through to Edinburgh to a wee studio to see how my voice sounded on tape, and that was the song we'd sung there. I went into the booth and sang the song and that was that. I found it easier than you'd think. It's a Julie London song, Felicity 1-4, with a lovely 1950s feel about it. I like that era. It seems so tame and innocent now. Obviously "I Dreamed A Dream" had to be on the album. Obviously. But a lot of the ones that moved me surprised me a lot. "Wild Horses" was a song like that. I just didn't expect it to suit my voice as much as it did. I'd never tried singing that song before. It was all new territory for me. I'm used to singing music from the musical theatre, Married With Children dvd, Fringe dvd box, and this was rock music. But the lyrics drew me into the song, and as the story unfolded, I got it. I felt drawn in by the words. The same thing with "You'll See." That's quite something isn't it? Susan Boyle takes on Madonna! It's a song about determination. I am a determined woman, despite the bullying I've had in the past. It's a song about proving yourself as your own woman. I instantly loved that song. It's a song about knowing that whatever happens to you, Friday Night Lights dvd box set, Ron Perlman and Charlie Hunnam, Damages box set, Sons of Anarchy

Sons of Anarchy star Charlie Hunnam made a major sacrifice for the second season of the FX drama: He lost a tooth."I'm sure it was worth it, but I've got a thing about my teeth," the English actor tells TVGuide.com with a laugh. "My mum was really psychotic when I was growing up about taking care of our teeth. I don't have a single filling; I've never had anything done to my teeth, Midsomer Murders seasons 1-13 dvd, so it was kind of a bummer."See photos of Hunnam in Sons of AnarchyThe jaw-jacking scene won't hit TV screens until the middle of this season, The Pacific boxset, but it comes as the tension between Hunnam's character, Jax, and SAMCRO leader Clay (Ron Perlman) reaches fever pitch. Hunnam says Jax tries to avoid a physical altercation for as long as he can. "Jax tries to play an intellectual game with Clay rather than going in, guns blazing," he says. "But as his efforts get thwarted, his frustrations rise, and it all kind of comes to a head in a very violent fashion."Jax is still frustrated by the Season 1 murder of Donna, the wife of his best friend, Opie (Ryan Hurst). Donna died in a hit Clay ordered on Opie, Numb3rs seasons 1-6 dvd, Friday Night Lights dvd 1-4, but Jax keeps quiet for the sake of the club — much as he did when he helped Opie kill a Mayan gang member on whom Clay pinned Donna's murder in the Season 2 premiere."Jax felt some remorse, Lie to Me dvd, but at the same time, Battlestar Galactica complete seasons, The Big Bang Theory dvd set, The Wire dvd, Jeeves And Wooster complete series, they are at war with the Mayans," Hunnam says. "There have been many casualties over the years at the hands of the Mayans, and this guy was a bad man, a gangster. He wasn't an innocent man — he was just innocent of that particular crime. I think Jax toiled with that, but his allegiance is to the club, Treme dvd series, Jeeves And Wooster on dvd, and whatever needs to be done to protect his brothers is what's going to get done."Fall TV: Get scoop on all the new and returning showsJax disposes of the body in a way that makes the murder look like the handiwork of yet another gang — a decision that has major consequences in Tuesday's episode (airing at 10/9c). "Jax thinks of himself as a lot smarter and a lot more able to run this club than Clay, Jeeves And Wooster dvd set," Hunnam says. "And occasionally, there are these wake-up calls that [prove] it's not easy to make these big decisions. And inevitably, things are going to go wrong."One thing going (mostly) right for Jax this season is his relationship with Tara (Maggie Siff). "He's got the girl back, even though she had some pretty big reservations about jumping back into bed with Jax and this lifestyle," Hunnam says. "But, Treme dvd 1, I think they've made the promise again that they are going to be together and do everything we can to make this work. I think Tara is always going to be conflicted about being drawn back into this world, but ultimately I think her love for Jax will win out."Check out photos of the Sons of Anarchy castBut Tara's involvement with Jax could make her a target for the white separatist leaders played by Adam Arkin and Henry Rollins. Hunnam says the gang rape of Gemma (Katey Segal) is only the beginning of the "miserable" deeds by SAMCRO's new foes."Adam Arkin represents the greatest adversary that this club has ever known," he says. "He comes in and causes a great degree of problems for us. But he is also in a weird, The Pacific dvd box set, funny way, an ally to Jax, because he forces the club to fight them in a much calmer, smarter way. Brute force isn't going to win against this guy. So he helps advocate a mentality that Jax has been fighting for all along."So why, if cooler heads begin to prevail, do Jax and Clay come to blows? "There's going to have to be a reckoning at some point, and Jax tries to do it in a way that's the least damaging to the club, Numb3rs dvd, Private Practice dvd 3," Hunnam says. "But it builds and it builds and it builds to this violent confrontation. It's a pretty hairy sequence, Foyle s War dvd series, Damages on dvd, Midsomer Murders seasons 1-13, but I think it's worth the wait."And hopefully worth a tooth.

homework

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum