Fast Company Running Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday Night Lights

Go down

Friday Night Lights Empty Friday Night Lights

Post  homework Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:14 am

The American public has a love-hate relationship with soccer, so it was fitting that the U.S. national team's recent run at the World Cup was both exhilarating and maddening. Though they had a tendency to surrender early goals, the squad's scrappy resilience earned them new fans — and impressive TV ratings. "I thought we played pretty well for the most part," midfielder Landon Donovan says of his team, Felicity dvd series, Treme seasons 1 dvd, which lost a frustrating game to Ghana in the Round of 16. "We had some moments where we let ourselves down by making mistakes, but I thought our attitude, our effort and certainly our passion to keep going were fantastic." Donovan was Mr. Fantastic, Hustle box set, Hustle box set, netting three goals, including critical scores against Slovenia and Algeria.
Now back in the Major League Soccer trenches for the Los Angeles Galaxy, Foyle s War complete series, Donovan is enjoying his status as America's golden boy of the sport. He made a whirlwind media tour on the way home from South Africa, hitting Letterman and Regis & Kelly before stepping back into his Galaxy uniform. "I've been with this team for a long time now, The Big Bang Theory seasons 1-3, which makes it pretty easy to step right back in," Donovan told TV Guide Magazine the day after his first game back, when he played the full 90 minutes in a 3-1 victory over the Seattle Sounders.
The league's reigning MVP will be at Wednesday's ESPY Awards (9/8c, ESPN), where he is nominated for Best Moment and Performance Under Pressure (both for his last-minute goal against Algeria) and Best MLS Player. And next week he suits up for the MLS All-Star Game (Wednesday, July 28, "90210" box set, 8:30/7:30c, ESPN2), the 10th time in his career that he's been so honored. "I love the format," he says of the match, Merlin 1-3, which, Friday Night Lights seasons 1-4, since 2005 has pitted the All-Stars against a big European team. And there are none bigger than this year's opponent, Lie to Me complete series, Private Practice seasons 3 dvd box set, English super club Manchester United.
Speaking of England, Private Practice dvd box set, there is speculation that Donovan will soon transfer to a Premier League team. (He had a successful stint at Everton this winter during the MLS off-season.) Another rumor circling the 28-year-old is that he is being pursued for Dancing With the Stars. "I haven't heard anything concrete," he claims, adding, 30 Rock dvd set, Private Practice series 3, Felicity boxset, "I don't turn anything down without thinking about it first." And if nothing else, he admits, Leverage seasons 1-3 dvd, Bones seasons 1-5 dvd box set, Midsomer Murders dvd, Foyle s War on dvd, Agatha Christies Poirot seasons 1-12 dvd, "I would just like to learn how to dance properly."
Subscribe to TV Guide Magazine now!Snoop Dogg has spoken about his love for HBO's hit vampire series True Blood in the past, Agatha Christies Poirot seasons 1-12 dvd, The Pacific dvd, The Wire complete series, Misfits seasons 1-2 dvd, but now the rapper has made a True Blood music video for a song he wrote titled "Oh Sookie." And it's hilarious.
True Blood's James Frain: Who is Franklin Mott working for?
The video starts out with the show's theme song playing as an old school Caddy pulls up with California plates that read "Tru Pimp." As the music video begins — which features actual footage from the show, Spooks series 1-9, as well as Sookie-lookalike back-up dancers in blonde wigs — Snoop raps his smooth playa lines as he tries to sweep Sookie off her feet. And the refrain that goes a little something like this: "Oh Sookie, "90210" dvd, Misfits dvd 1-2, Friday Night Lights series 1-4, Midsomer Murders complete seasons, Private Practice series 3, Fringe dvd, we can lay in the bed/Oh Sookie, The Big Bang Theory box set 1-3, Dexter dvds, "90210" dvd set, Treme dvd series, "90210" dvd series, The King of Queens seasons 1-9 dvd box set, "90210" dvd, Agatha Christies Poirot complete seasons, Foyle s War dvd,

homework

Back to top Go down