Fast Company Running Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Way Converting Sony NEX-F3 MTS to FCE on Mac OS X

Go down

Best Way Converting Sony NEX-F3 MTS to FCE on Mac OS X  Empty Best Way Converting Sony NEX-F3 MTS to FCE on Mac OS X

Post  lydia870622 Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:35 am

Source From: Brorsoft

With the release of the Sony NEX-F3 camera, Sony Electronics is basically refreshing its entry-level compact and interchangeable camera offering. The overall goal of the release is to offer the latest software updates in terms of effects and image analysis and processing to a form factor that continues to rise in popularity. While the hardware and the image quality itself is not so different from the now retired NEX-C3, the new NEX-F3 camera offers better video recording capabilities and better automatic photo modes, which makes it easier to take great shots without having to touch any settings.

As Sony NEX-F3 MTS files are not editable for many video edit programs, so today in this article we will talk about how to deinterlace Sony NEX-F3 1080/60i MTS on Mac first and then transcode AVCHD to Apple ProRes for FCP; AIC MOV for FCE/iMovie on Mac OS X, thus , you can edit Sony NEX-F3 1080/60i AVCHD with Apple tools including FCP, FCE, iMovie, iDVD.

In the following pages, I'd like to show you the full guide on how to deinterlace and convert Sony NEX-F3 1080/60i MTS to FCE as an example. Just follow it, then you can easily convert Sony NEX-F3 MTS/M2TS to editable format as you want for FCP, iMovie, Adobe Premiere, FCE, etc. for editing. Which we need is a powerful third party conversion software, here Brorsoft MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac can make it possible.

STEP 1: Free download Brorsoft Mac Sony NEX-F3 AVCHD Converter and import/load the 1080/60i MTS files to it.
Tip: If you wanna join MTS/M2TS files for Final Cut Express, tick the "Merge into one" box. This Mac AVCHD converter also works as the MTS/M2TS joiner for you.

STEP 2: Click on Format > iMovie and Final Cut Express > Apple Intermediate Codec(AIC) (*.mov) which is the FCE perfectly supported format. Then you can set the output folder as you want.
Tips: You can click the “Settings” icon to make the best settings for editing Sony MTS/M2TS in Final Cut Express on Mac. You’d better set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 to keep the best output quality.

STEP 3: Click Edit button and you can deinterlace Sony 1080i AVCHD for Final Cut Express via ticking the “Deinterlacing” box in the Video Editor interface.

STEP 4: Click Convert button to start deinterlacing and converting Sony NEX-F3 MTS to FCE on Mac OS X with this professional Mac MTS Converter for NEX-F3.

After the short conversion, you can get the output video effortlessly. Later, you can import and edit Sony NEX-F3 MTS/M2TS in FCE on Mac freely without any distorted/glitchy video problem.

Continue Reading:
Best solution to importing Sony NEX-F3 AVCHD to iMovie on Mac
How to Ingest Sony Alpha NEX-F3 1080p MTS to Final Cut Pro 7 on Mac
Convert Sony NEX-VG20 1080/60p AVCHD to Apple ProRes for FCP X editing
Convert/Transcode Sony NEX-7 AVCHD 1080/60p MTS/M2TS to Apple ProRes for FCP X
Convert/Transcode Sony NEX-5N AVCHD 1080p MTS files to AIC for FCE 4
Convert Canon 5D Mark III H.264 MOV to iMovie AIC on Mac
Import Canon MXF Clips from CF Cards to Final Cut Pro with Original Quality

lydia870622

Back to top Go down