Fast Company Running Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Chicago Code DVD

Go down

The Chicago Code DVD Empty The Chicago Code DVD

Post  Jessica01 Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:30 am

The Chicago Code released at 7 February 2011.One of the most Pathetic casualties of the 2010/2011 season has to be Fox's "The Chicago Code."
The serial drama about a handful of cops trying to take down a corrupt political official earned a devout following and critical praise in its 13-episode run, but it wasn't enough to get a Season 2 pick-up from the network -- which seemed especially strapped for room in its fall schedule this year.
But have we really heard the last of the series? The obligatory "save our show" campaigns have popped up in the wake of the cancellation, but it's creator Shawn Ryan's optimism that keeps us from closing the book on "The Chicago Code ."
Ryan tweeted on May 23. "A final big ratings number is our only hope of luring someone else to pick up a 2nd Season."
It wasn't likely a direct response, but fans did turn out for the (series) finale. I didn't watch this show much when it started but after I caught a few episodes here and there throughout the season, I wish I had watched the entire season. I found each of the episodes I watched to be very entertaining and exciting. I watched the last 4 or 5 episodes regularly, which was very easy since I was watching House in the time slot immediately before Chicago Code. While watching the final episodes, particularly the episodes during the last 2 weeks of the season, I couldn't help feeling extremely frustrated that the show had been cancelled by Fox. I wish that Fox would have taken a chance on a show like this and ditched some of the stupid reality shows that seem to permeate every network's schedule now-a-days.

Jessica01

Back to top Go down