Fast Company Running Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NikeFree and Newton Running

Go down

NikeFree and Newton Running  Empty NikeFree and Newton Running

Post  tomerthink Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:40 am

NikeFree and Newton Running
In your experience in treating athletes, are there particular brands of these shoes that simulate barefoot running that you have found to be effective?
The few patients I have who use these types of shoes as well as readers of my blog find that Vibram running sneaker are really the only shoe that simulate the true feel and biomechanics of barefoot running.
NikeFree and Newton Running seem to be losing ground in the battle of barefoot running shoes. men running shoes
However, I'm sure as time goes on, more and more shoe companies will jump on the barefoot running bandwagon and incorporate even more designs and styles into their manufacturing lines.
The reason I don't blog more about non-athletic shoes is that shoe manufacturers discontinue styles before you would actually be able to go out and buy any shoe I would recommend. Hopefully, this won't happen with J-41 Grand.
This shoe is in the category of Dansko clogs – wide and deep which typically is a hard to fit foot. running shoes mens
The strap is Velcro so it's adjustable, which is a design feature all Mary Jane styles should have.
The forefoot is rigid and doesn't flex which helps with ball of the foot pain (metatarsalgia) or pain under the big toe joint (sesamoiditis).
The insole is nicely padded and is removable so that you can fit in a low profile orthotic if you want to.women running shoes
All in all, if you are looking for a comfy, cute wide shoe, then J-41 may just be the right for you.
And, as of today.
This has been one of my favorite shoes for the wide, deep foot.
It's especially good for walkers due to it's wide base and seemingly firm midsole. Or, so I thought. running shoes
Today, someone came in having worn this shoe while walking for the few past months with a recent onset of ball of the foot pain (metatarsalgia). 6u2g0kw

tomerthink

Back to top Go down