Fast Company Running Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transcode Nikon D3200 H.264 MOV to Apple ProRes for FPC on Mac

Go down

Transcode Nikon D3200 H.264 MOV to Apple ProRes for FPC on Mac  Empty Transcode Nikon D3200 H.264 MOV to Apple ProRes for FPC on Mac

Post  lydia870622 Wed May 09, 2012 11:44 pm

May is not only a happy month for sightseeing with your friends and families, but also really special because of the coming Mother’s Day. Like in France, Mother's Day is like a family birthday. What are you doing for Mother's Day? In my view, to have a travel with your mother and record the beautiful memory will be a nice choice. Thus, to get a high performance camera and do some video editing with video editing software are necessary.

Hello All. I’m a beginner planning to buy a DSLR camera for the coming Mother's Day to have some HD recordings or pictures. I want to know your opinion regarding D3200 VS. Canon rebel T3I and that which one will be a good first buy for a beginner? Thanks in advance.

From the quoted words, we conclude that the beginner wanna buy a camera, and cannot make a quick choice between Nikon D3200 and Canon Rebel T3I. Here we’d like to give some suggestion for him/her and some other beginners.

User Reviews:
Nikon D3200:
Overall this is a really nice camera for anyone wanting to start out with a new DSLR or as a backup camera. Nice to have the guide mode, so when you hand this over to a traveling companion or relative, they can play with it to get some nice photos as well.
Canon Rebel T3I:
Stepped up from the Canon Powershot A620. This is my first DSLR, wanted to stick with Canon as I love my A620 and was familiar with some of the menus... I'm taking more pictures than ever and just having lots of fun!! If you're a beginner, want a camera that's easy to use and takes great pictures I'd suggest you consider the T3i.

Hope this has been of some help more or less. Well, no matter which one you choose, after having the recordings from the DSLR, you probably would do some editing with the output movies.

PS:
1. If you want to convert and trim Canon Reble T3i MOV, you can refer to Convert and Trim Canon EOS 600D/Reble T3i H.264 Footage.
2. If you wanna import Nikon D3200 H.264 MOV to FCP on Mac for further editing, you can go through the above content to get tips.

Nikon D3200 outputs HD 1,920x1,080 / 30 fps H.264 MOV video and the H.264 codec is highly compressed that is a great codec for playing but not for editing. So, you have to transcode Nikon D3200 H.264 MOV to Apple ProRes for FPC on Mac with the top D3200 MOV to FCP Converter.

Step 1: Connect your Nikon D3200 to your Mac with USB2.0. Run the professional H.264 MOV to Apple ProRes conversion software and then click the adding button to import your 1080p MOV files to it.
Tip: If you wanna merge D3200 MOV files for FCP for editing without interruption, you can select the “Merge into one” box.

Step 2: Click on the “Format” and get the dropdown menu, then move your pointer to “Final Cut Pro”; the Apple PreRes 422(HQ) is the best choice if you give the priority to the quality of the converted videos. Then set the output folder by clicking “Browse” icon as you need.

Step 3: Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters.
Click the “Settings” icon and you will go into a new interface named “Profile Settings”. You’d better set the video frame rate as 30fps, video size as 1920*1080 to keep the best quality for editing Nikon D3200 MOV in Final Cut Pro on Mac.

Step 4: Click the “Convert” button; it will convert Nikon D3200 MOV to ProRes 422 for FCP on Mac immediately. You can find the process in the “Conversion” interface.

After the short conversion, you can get the output files for FCP effortlessly from the output folder you select. Later, you can import and edit Nikon D3200 MOV in Final Cut Pro on Mac freely.

Dear friends:
For some reason , we can not show you the links at this article as the rules in this forum, Please google search brorsoft website for more information that you required ,your satisfaction is my great honor ,also ,I am very appreciate for you to take time out of you busy schedule to browse my article ,wish you happy everyday !
Resource from: Brorsoft

Related guide:
Convert Canon PowerShot G1 X H.264 1080p MOV to ProRes for FCP
Ingest Canon EOS 5D Mark III H.264 1080p MOV files to FCP without Log and Transfer
Convert/Import/Merge Nikon D5100 1080P MOV to FCP X on Mac- Edit Nikon D5100 1080P MOV in FCP X

lydia870622

Back to top Go down