Fast Company Running Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mac Convert Panasonic Lumix GF5 AVCHD to AIC for iMovie editing with MTS to AIC Converter

Go down

Mac Convert Panasonic Lumix GF5 AVCHD to AIC for iMovie editing with MTS to AIC Converter  Empty Mac Convert Panasonic Lumix GF5 AVCHD to AIC for iMovie editing with MTS to AIC Converter

Post  lydia870622 Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:17 am

Source From: Brorsoft

Combining the strengths of newly developed 12.1 megapixel Live MOS sensor, featuring high sensitivity signal processing and the Lumix Venus Engine image processor, Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF5 always outputs amazing image and video quality at high speed. The videos are recorded in the AVCHD format which excels for both compression efficiency and playback compatibility, which is also the souce of the incompatibility problem for iMovie uers when they intend to import Panasonic Lumix GF5 AVCHD recordings to iMovie on Mac.

How to solve the importing problem of Panasonic Lumix GF5 and iMovie?

The Lumix GF5 records at AVCHD format, which is not the friendly video format with iMovie and even the Mac. Since Apple Stuido launched iMovie, the supported codec for iMovie has been the Apple InterMediate Codec, AIC. So if you are intend to edit Lumix GF5 AVCHD footages in iMovie, including iMovie '8/'9/'11, you have to convert 1080/60i MTS to AIC (MOV) on Mac OS X, then you can put Lumix GF5's recodings to iMovie without any problem.

What is the best Panasonic Lumix GF5 iMovie Converter?

Since the Lumix GF5 records at 1080i, the best MTS to AIC Converter should be able to convert/deinterlace 1080/60i MTS to AIC (MOV). Here recommended the top MTS to AIC Converter for Mac, which is professional in transcoding and deinterlacing 1080i MTS files to AIC. Besides, it is designed with some useful editing functions, including cropping clips, combining imported MTS/M2TS files, adding text/image/video, repalcing audio tracks, etc.

How to "change" 1080i AVCHD to AIC (MOV) on Mac?

Step 1: Free download the MTS to iMovie Converter and install it on your Mac. Launch the AVCHD converter and load your MTS recordings from Lumix GF5 to it.
Tips:
1. Double click the selected file and you will have a preview of it.
2. If you want to join the video clips as one, please tick the box "Merge into one".

Step 2: Choose Apple InterMediate Codec (*.mov) as output format by clicking the format bar.

Step 3: Adjust video and audio parameters on the Profile Setting as you need.
Tips:
1. 1920*1080 as video size and 30fps/29.97fps as video bitrate are the most suitable video parameters for editing in iMovie.
2. If you want to reduce the video size, you can change video size from 1920*1080 to 1440*1080 or 1280*720.
3. Deinterlacing has been chosen as default, so you needn't worry about how to deinterlace 1080i videos.

Step 4: Click the button for "Convert" and you will start transcoding Panasonic Lumix GF5 1080i AVCHD to AIC for editing in iMovie immediately.

After the MTS to AIC (MOV) conversion on Mac, you can get your Lumix GF5 recordings to iMovie without any problem. Besides, the powerful AVCHD Converter can also be helpful in transferring MTS files to Final Cut Pro, including FCP 6/7 and FCP X, Avid Media Coposer, Adobe Premiere Pro, etc.

Related Guide:
Convert Panasonic GH2 MTS to ProRes for FCP 7 on Mac

Transfer Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF5 1080i AVCHD to FCP

Convert Panasonic Lumix GH2 AVCHD video to iMovie on Mac

Convert Panasonic HC-X900 MTS/M2TS files to iMovie on Mac

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF5 Reviews and Tips

Transfer Panasonic Lumix G3 AVCHD MTS/M2TS to Mac

How to Import/Edit Sony XR260V MTS in iMovie Smoothly on Mac?

lydia870622

Back to top Go down