Fast Company Running Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GH2 MTS to ProRes for FCP 7-Easy to Transcode Panasonic Lumix GH2 AVCHD to FCP 7 editing

Go down

GH2 MTS to ProRes for FCP 7-Easy to Transcode Panasonic Lumix GH2 AVCHD to FCP 7 editing  Empty GH2 MTS to ProRes for FCP 7-Easy to Transcode Panasonic Lumix GH2 AVCHD to FCP 7 editing

Post  lydia870622 Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:26 am

Source From: Brorsoft

How to import Panasonic Lumix GH2 AVCHD MTS/M2TS to Final Cut Pro 7 for editing on Mac OS X?

Do you also want to know the way to edit Panasonic GH2 AVCHD in FCP 7? As a Panasonic Lumix GH2 user, I will share my easy guide on converting Panasonic Lumix GH2 AVCHD to ProRes for editing in FCP 7. Firstly, you should know the best video format is Apple ProRes MOV for FCP. So we have to change AVCHD to ProRes before importing Panasonic Lumix GH2 recordings to FCP. Thus you need to use a AVCHD Converter via Mac. Here I take Brorsoft AVCHD Converter for FCP as an example. I have used it to help me convert AVCHD MTS/M2TS to ProRes many times. The converted video was excelent quality every time. You can free download tohave a try.

How to transcode Panasonic Lumix GH2 AVCHD to ProRes on Mac OS X?

Step 1: Download and install the best AVCHD to ProRes Converter and then launch it to load your MTS files to the software.
Tip: If you wanna join MTS/M2TS files for Final Cut Pro, please check the "Merge into one" box.

Step 2: Click on Format, and from the dropdown menu, here we recommend Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) (.*mov). Then you can set the output folder as you want.

Step 3: Click the “Settings” icon and you’d better set the video size as 1920*1080, video frame rate as 30fps for 60i, 25fps for 50i movie to keep the best output video quality.
Note: Before start the conversion, you’d better deinterlace 1080i GH2 AVCHD for easier editing in FCP.

Step 4: Start to convert Panasonic Lumix GH2 MTS to ProRes for FCP 7 on Mac OS X with the best MTS Converter for Mac.

After the conversion, get the converted MTS files from the output folder. Afterwards, you can copy/put Panasonic GH2 AVCHD into FCP 7 for editing freely.

Related guides:

Convert Panasonic Lumix GH2 AVCHD to iMovie on Mac

Transocde Panasonic Lumix G3 AVCHD to Apple ProRes for FCP 7

Transfer Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF5 MTS to FCP on Mac

Convert Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 AVCHD to FCP X on Mac

Panasonic Lumix GF5 MTS to iMovie importing Tips

How to Import/Edit Sony XR260V MTS in iMovie Smoothly on Mac?

lydia870622

Back to top Go down